Ultra Roadside PREMIUM ASSIST
Terms and Conditions
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE SERVICE?
In the event of a breakdown on the road or at home where the Vehicle cannot be driven we will perform whichever one of the services below at its sole discretion it deems to be necessary:
- Technical Assistance: will be given on the phone to diagnose the problem that may help to get the Vehicle running or;
- Minor Mechanical Repairs: Where in the reasonable opinion of Ultra Tune Roadside Assistance or its authorised roadside contractor, such repairs can be satisfactorily & safely completed at the roadside and where the contractor has the necessary parts and equipment for the task at hand, or;
- Towing: In the event of a breakdown on the road or at home where the Vehicle cannot be driven, the Vehicle will be towed to the nearest Ultra Tune Auto Service Centre or other authorised Ultra Tune Roadside Assistance repairer within the Service Limits. We will pay for towing in Australia within the Service Limits. You must pay for the costs of towing outside the Service Limits. In any instance following Vehicle recovery where the member requests the Vehicle to be placed in storage, all costs associated with the storage and subsequent towing will be at the Member’s expense.
We will not tow your Vehicle if it has been in an accident, has impact damage, or if mechanical failure has caused panel damage or impact damage, or where damage is as a result from any wilful or malicious act/s, or where any damage was caused as a result of Vehicle theft or attempted theft.
We will not tow your Vehicle if it is not, at our sole discretion, reasonably accessible and readily trafficable by a standard two wheel drive tow vehicle fitted with standard towing equipment (e.g. low roof car park, at the back of a building, etc), or where it is loaded beyond it’s legal limit, or where it is considered not otherwise safe to move or transport. Towing will be provided to your Vehicle provided standard towing equipment can be used and any surcharges re use of special equipment such as go jacks / jinkers / winches and/or use of heavy capacity towing equipment, will be at driver’s expense. Towing for vehicles over 3.5 Tonne Gross Vehicle Mass may be subject to a weight surcharge and any such surcharge is at the driver’s expense.
- Flat Battery: Where our consultants determine that your Vehicle has a flat battery, where appropriate we will try to start it using surge protected jumper leads or, if we ascertain that the battery ran flat as a result of some other primary cause, eg. Failed charging system or other electrical or starter fault, the Vehicle will be towed to an Ultra Tune Roadside Assistance accredited service provider at our discretion within the Service Limits. If the battery needs to be replaced, then at the member’s request and expense we will assist you to arrange for a mobile battery replacement service where available.
A subsequent call-out for the same reason within the same 24 hour period will be only provided at the customer’s expense. Further, following a call-out for a flat battery or other “no start” situation as described above, where the primary cause of the “no start situation” is a faulty battery, faulty charging, electrical or starting system component, this fault/s must be rectified by a suitably qualified service centre before the vehicle can qualify for further roadside assistance regarding the same matter. A subsequent call-out for assistance where the “no start situation” is due to a required repair not being attended to, assistance will be provided at the customer’s expense.
- Out of Fuel: If your Vehicle runs out of fuel, enough fuel (up to a maximum of $15.00 worth) will be supplied at the roadside. Where this is not possible for any safety related or any other reason, (eg. LPG fuelled Vehicles, or where packaged petrol or diesel is not physically available at roadside,) the Vehicle will be towed to the nearest fuel outlet within the Service Limits and any fuel purchased will be at the member’s expense.
- Tyre Change Assistance: If within the Service Limits your Vehicle has a flat tyre and you require assistance, we will arrange to change your flat tyre and replace it with the spare tyre supplied with your Vehicle. We can assist you to change the tyre providing the correct, serviceable and inflated spare tyre is available in the Vehicle and that the vehicles own serviceable jack and wheel brace/tools are readily accessible within the vehicle for use by the contractor. If we cannot change the tyre for any reason, eg. deflated spare tyre, missing locknuts, faulty wheel studs & nuts, faulty or missing tyre changing equipment, or where the Vehicle is in an unsafe position, angle or on unstable terrain, then within the Service Limits, a tow will be provided to the nearest tyre repairer.
- Lockouts: If you have locked your keys within your vehicle or lost your keys, then subject to satisfactory proof of driver identification and with the Vehicle owner’s authority we can refer a service provider to assist entry to the vehicle or a taxi to fetch a spare key. We will pay up to the first $100.00 (inclusive of GST) of any callout for a lockout/lost key situation.
Please Note: Re item 7, Lockouts. Attempting to gain entry to your vehicle by any other means other than a key or keyless transponder can result in damage to your vehicle. Ultra Tune Roadside Assistance and its contractors will not accept liability for any damage caused as a result of gaining entry or attempting to gain entry to your vehicle.
- Accommodation allowance: If your vehicle is broken down 100km or more away from your home and the vehicle is not able to be repaired within 24 hours of being transported to the workshop, we will contribute (on a reimbursement basis) half of your motel accommodation cost (room charge only, no meals or any other incidentals) up to a maximum of $100 in total per vehicle breakdown upon presentation of a valid tax invoice/receipt from the business providing the accommodation.
- Taxi allowance: If your vehicle is broken down 100km away or more from your home and you need a taxi we will contribute (on a reimbursement basis) half of your taxi cost up to a maximum of $50 in total per vehicle breakdown upon presentation of a valid tax invoice/receipt from the service provider.
You are entitled to five (5) call-outs per year in total. A call-out is a response to a request for assistance where a service vehicle has been dispatched and/or where action is taken to fetch spare keys or have new keys cut/purchased, eg. Taxi/courier service or locksmith service. Call-outs, which are not used by the expiry date, will be forfeited. If you exhaust the allocated service call outs during the course of the policy term, we will assist you to arrange any additional services you require at your own expense.
Regarding “Item 3, Towing”; where your Vehicle has been delivered to requested delivery point or alternatively where the vehicle has been delivered to an alternate destination or place of storage (e.g. during after-hours or vehicle is situated outside of the Service Limits, etc.,) the call out is deemed to have been completed and any request for a second tow to an alternate repairer or other location is not covered within the terms and conditions of this policy; in this instance at the member’s request and expense, we will assist you to arrange a re-tow of the Vehicle.
- This Ultra PREMIUM ASSIST Roadside policy is only valid when full payment for this policy has been received.
- This service is for Australian residents or Australian Registered businesses only.
- This service will expire 12 months from date of issue.
- This cover is reserved for vehicles that are primarily used for social and private purposes, not vehicles used for regular commercial & business related purposes.
- For the purposes of this PREMIUM ASSIST policy, the Vehicle must, at the time this policy takes effect, be less than 16 years old (as determined by Vehicle build date) and travelled less than 275,000 km.
- We will only accept a road registered Vehicle of not more than 2.5 tonne in weight and not more than 5.5 metres in length.
- Your roadside policy document/invoice should be kept in your glove box and presented to the roadside contractor at the time of a call-out. If you cannot verify to us the policy is valid and if our records do not show your vehicle as being current in our data base, then we will provide the service at your cost and will provide a refund (within the Service Limits) for any costs once it is established the policy is indeed valid, current, and has not previously used up all allotted callouts available on the policy.
- Only the Vehicle of the make, model and registration number shown on the policy document will be entitled to receive the service offered under this policy.
- Roadside Assistance services will only commence two (2) full business days after the commence date of the policy, (the Application Period). Service and benefits for any incident, which occurred prior to joining or occurred during the Application Period will be subject to the payment of an Immediate Assistance Fee of $125.00 (inc GST) in addition to the policy fee. Ultra Tune reserves the right to reject any policy at it sole discretion.
- In the event of you disposing of and replacing the Vehicle, this agreement may be transferred to the replacement vehicle. Roadside Assistance to the replacement Vehicle will then only commence two (2) business days after you notify us of the replacement Vehicle. Again any Service and benefits for any incident that occurred prior to joining or occurred during the Application Period will be subject to the payment of an Immediate Assistance Fee of $125.00 (inc GST).. In order to qualify for a transfer of this roadside policy the replacement vehicle must, in terms of age, distance travelled, size & weight, must meet the general guidelines as stipulated in this policy, eg. Items 5, 6 & 18 of these general terms in particular.
- We cannot provide this service if the Vehicle is unattended. Should our contractor arrive at your vehicle and is unable to provide the service, any further callouts for that fault will be provided at the member’s expense.
- Our employees and contractors will use reasonable skill and care when providing the service.
- We will not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential losses (including loss of profit) incurred by you as a result of:
- Our acts or omissions
- The acts or omissions of our agents or contractors acting on our behalf.
- We do not guarantee to carry out our services in whole, or in part, if we are prevented from doing so due to any circumstances beyond our reasonable control including, without limitation; the activities of civil or government authorities; industrial disputes; act/s of terrorism, civil unrest and/or protests, acts of God; or severe weather conditions.
- We do not guarantee that delays will not occur from time to time for a variety of reasons including severe weather conditions, general & unexpected traffic congestion and/or where contractors are engaged in other roadside recovery activities or attending to car accident/s.
- Additional towing or callout requests in conjunction with or relating to the one breakdown/callout event will only be provided at the cost of the driver. In any case no second tow/callout will be provided for the same fault; the primary fault must be rectified before a second tow/callout for the same reason- for example a “no-start” due to a faulty battery or due to a battery of insufficient capacity must be replaced with a fully charged and serviceable battery of the appropriate specification for the vehicle before a further request for a flat battery type issue.
- Some modified vehicles, eg lowered, flared guards, scoops & various body accessories, etc., may hinder/prevent loading the vehicle on to a standard recovery vehicle- The driver will bear the costs associated with such callout where for any reason the recovery vehicle is unable to load the immobilised vehicle and also the driver will bear the costs for any subsequent specialised recovery vehicle and/or equipment to attend.
- This policy is designed specifically to provide emergency roadside assistance for vehicles that incur an unforseen breakdown but are otherwise mechanically sound, regularly serviced (within service period) and kept in a roadworthy condition in every respect. Where the vehicle in question is deemed (at the sole discretion of the roadside contractor and/or Ultra Tune Roadside Assistance and/or it agents) to be in mechanically poor condition and/or unroadworthy then roadside services to the vehicle may either be suspended until such mechanical deficiencies are rectified or, the policy may be terminated altogether. No refund will be provided in these circumstances.
- In the event of a call to us for roadside assistance, and where is it deemed (at the sole discretion of the contractor or Ultra Tune Roadside Assistance) that the cause of a roadside callout relates to a lack of timely maintenance and/or an un-roadworthiness related issue and/or where the fault could have been reasonably attended to and prevented by timely action prior to breakdown, the callout will be provided at the cost of the driver,
- This PREMIUM ASSIST service is expressly limited to vehicle breakdown situations as described in this document. Where the vehicle needs to be towed for reasons other than a breakdown, we will assist you to arrange a tow for your vehicle at your expense.
- If your Vehicle requires towing, and you are towing a trailer; at the sole discretion of the tow operator that the trailer is not overloaded or otherwise not fit to tow for the purposes of this agreement, we will tow the trailer (up to one Tonne Gross Mass) within the Service Limits to the same destination as the Vehicle. If requested, we can arrange towing of a trailer heavier than 1 Tonne at the member’s expense.
- We have the right to refuse to provide this service and/or cancel the policy outright if anyone using the service behaves in a threatening or abusive way to our staff or contractors. No refund of the policy will apply if this occurs.
- We may take legal action against anyone who uses our services dishonestly.
- To ensure the quality of our services your telephone calls to and from us may be monitored and recorded.
- We will not be liable in any circumstances for any infringement howsoever caused to any manufacturer’s or dealer’s warranty as a result of any services supplied.
- Neither Ultra Tune Roadside Assistance or our contractors/agents will accept any liability for traffic infringements, fines, or other penalty notices issued to a vehicle/driver by any law enforcement agency or other entity.
- Each provision in this document may be separated from each other provision. If at any time any provision is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this will not affect any of its other provisions.
- If we delay or fail to rely on any right under this agreement we may rely on that right later. The law of VICTORIA will apply to this contract. You and Ultra Tune Roadside Assistance Pty Ltd submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of courts exercising jurisdiction there.
This service does not include
- Any servicing of your Vehicle;
- The cost of ferry crossings and road toll charges;
- The cost of parts or other supplies, except for the provisions of Clause 5, “Out of Fuel”;
- The cost of towing/vehicle recovery where tow/vehicle recovery is not the result of a vehicle breakdown situation as described in this document.
- Any Vehicle storage charges incurred when you are using our services; this includes any instance where the proposed tow destination is found to be closed, eg after-hours, during weekend.
- Labour or parts provided at any service station or centre to which the Vehicle is taken;
- A callout to attend or tow a vehicle at any location, including at home or on the road or at any mechanical workshop, where the vehicle is immobile and undergoing or awaiting repairs of any type.
- Towing or recovery service following any incident normally covered by a policy of motor insurance, eg. Accidental or wilful & malicious damage or damage caused during theft or attempted theft of the Vehicle.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS / DEFINITIONS
You, or Your, or The Member: means the person or persons named on your current membership policy certificate.
Your Vehicle, or The Vehicle: means the Vehicle identified on the Roadside policy document.
The Driver, means you or anyone who you allow to drive or be in control of the vehicle.
Ultra Tune Roadside Assistance: means Ultra Tune Roadside Assistance Pty Ltd, ACN 087 089 665 and ‘we’ and ‘us’ or ‘our’ refers to Ultra Tune Roadside Assistance, unless otherwise stated. Ultra Tune Roadside Assistance is a fully owned subsidiary of Ultra Tune Australia Pty. Ltd ABN 52 065 214 708.
Home: means the address where you live in Australia or the registered office of the business entity.
Service Limits: means to the extent of a standard call-out and/or tow in any particular country region, city or town. As a guide this may include:
- All Greater Metropolitan Cities including metro satellite cities, also major regional cities & towns – up to 20kms to the nearest accredited service provider.
- Country and Remote Regions- up to 50kms ROUND TRIP from the roadside attendant’s depot to the Vehicle breakdown and return.
Service Providers: This service is provided by Ultra Tune Roadside Assistance Pty Ltd ACN 087 089 665 or its agents. Ultra Tune Roadside Assistance’s registered office is 326 Grange road, Kidman Park, SA 5025.
Issuing Ultra Tune Service Centre: The local Ultra Tune centre that provided you with this Roadside ASSIST policy.
Accredited Service Provider: Means all Ultra Tune Auto Services Centres or other licensed vehicle repair stations as approved from time to time by Ultra Tune Roadside Assistance.
Service Area: This service operates within the Service Limits in mainland Australia and Tasmania as well as any island connected to the mainland via a bridge. This service will be provided if the Vehicle is stranded at home, on a public road or other road or area to which the public has a right of access (‘the road’). This excludes areas such as creek beds, beaches, open fields, parks and ovals, tracks or trails used for logging or forestry service roads
Cancellation: In the event of cancellation there will be No Refund of any monies paid.
Modifying Terms & Conditions: We reserve the right to change, add to and delete parts of this agreement terms & conditions agreement without notice. Last updated 3rd January 2018.
Availability of Ultra Roadside Services: The Ultra Roadside products described in this website are only available for online purchase at www.ultratune.com.au
Emergency situations – If you are in an emergency situation call “000”: We are not an emergency service. If we become aware or suspect that you or any other person is in an emergency situation, we may contact the police or other emergency service, e.g. child locked in a car.
If you have used our service and are dissatisfied with any aspect of the service, please bring the complaint to our attention within 28 days of becoming aware of it by writing to us at:
Ultra Tune Roadside Assistance, PO BOX 79 Mansfield Park, SA 5012
This does not affect your statutory rights.