- Our commitment to privacy
Ultra Tune Australia Pty Ltd, its divisions, and subsidiaries (collectively referred to as “we” or “us”) respect the individual privacy of its customers (“you”).
Our business includes a franchise system of independent automotive service centres around Australia known as the “Ultra Tune Services Centres” and a roadside assistance service known as “Roadside Assistance”.
- Types of personal information we collect and hold
The types of personal information we collect and hold will vary depending on your dealings with us and the products, services and benefits we (or our agents, franchisees, contractors and third parties) provide to you, or a request or inquiry you may make about such products, benefits and services. This information may include any or all of the following:
- Name, address(es), telephone number(s), email address and other contact details;
- Electronic data (e.g. social media, IP address, caller ID, other metadata);
- Date of birth;
- Your credit card and/or payment details;
- Vehicle details including registration, model, colour, history and any additional information need to
provide our services and products to you;
- Transaction details relating to your use of our products, services or benefits;
- Your social media preferences;
- Location data; and
- Any other preferences you tell us about or any other information you provide to us.
We may collect and hold sensitive information to provide our services more effectively to you (particularly for our Roadside Assistance service).
Please read the Direct Marketing section of this policy for more examples of the personal information we collect.
- Website cookies and digital services
Information is also generated and collected whenever a page is accessed on our website that records information such as the time, date, and specific page. We collect such information for statistical and maintenance purposes that enables us to continually evaluate our website performance. Some parts of our websites also use “cookies”. A “cookie” is a small text file that is placed on your computer’s hard drive by a web page server. Cookies store information about the use of our website and are used to identify new or previous visitors to the website and what pages have been accessed. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies, but this function can usually be disabled manually by you if you wish. Please note that if you do disable this, not all functionality on our websites will be available to you.
We may also collect information such as device information and your location information.
- Why we collect and hold personal information
Generally, we collect, hold and use personal information about you to provide a range of products, services and benefits relating to their motoring and related lifestyle needs.
We also collect personal information to assist in identifying ways in which we can serve you better; such as providing our products and services to you more effectively, statistical business analysis, and assisting our internal administration and operations, including but not limited to accounting, risk management, record keeping, archiving, systems development and testing, marketing, and staff training.
Some of the information we collect is to improve our interaction with you and your involvement with us.
- How we collect information
Generally, we collect personal information:
- directly from you (e.g. verbally, when you visit an Ultra Tune Service Centre, when you purchase a product or service, emailing us);
- in the course of providing you with a requested product or service (e.g. vehicle servicing, Roadside Assistance);
- through your vehicle’s fleet/lease provider (if any);
- through your use of our website and website cookies;
- any mobile app provided by us that you have installed on your phone;
- when you have other dealings with us.
We may collect and update that information:
- in person (e.g. when you visit us at one of our Ultra Tune Service Centres);
- when you write to us;
- over the phone and or SMS;
- over the Internet (e.g. email, social media, website forms, website cookies, surveys);
- using any mobile app provided by us that you have installed on your phone;
- if you participate in our marketing campaigns or surveys.
We may also collect personal information through third parties such as:
- Our related companies;
- Our franchisees;
- Our marketing agencies;
- Our business partners;
- Our service providers;
- Various information collection tools (e.g. caller ID, IP addresses); and
- Commercial data sources.
- Storage and protection of personal information
We store personal information in a combination of secure computer storage facilities, paper-based files, and other records. Personal information may be stored by our franchisee(s). We have taken steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure.
While we undertake reasonable steps to protect your personal information, there is no guarantee that information sent over the Internet or electronically is always 100% secure. Sending and receiving information over the Internet is at the user’s risk. However, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure your data is used and securely stored once we receive it.
- How we use and disclose personal information
We may use and disclose your personal information for various purposes in connection with providing goods, services and benefits to you and about our business operations. These may include:
- Processing and administering all your dealings with us, our franchisees, service providers and other third parties (e.g. our advertising agencies);
- Providing you with the products and services you have requested from us; and
- Developing processes, products, services and benefits to better meet your needs;
- As required by law and law enforcement agencies.
We may also use your personal information to offer or provide you with loyalty benefits, discounts or other information about such schemes that may be operated by third parties or us. This includes:
- Obtaining details about how you acquire and use our products, services and benefits;
- Rewarding you for utilising our products and services through mechanisms such as discounts, general products, special pricing offers and prizes; and
- Direct marketing to you.
We may provide your personal information to our franchisees, agents, business partners, contractors or related companies for the purposes of, or in connection with, the supply of products and services to you and for the same purposes above.
- Direct marketing
We also collect personal information to provide you with useful and relevant information about our products, services and benefits. Generally, we collect this information directly from you. In some circumstances, however, we collect personal information from third parties, including our franchisees, our roadside assistance sales partners, other service providers and social media platforms. We use the information we, or our various service providers, collect to assist us in determining how we can best engage with our customers about our products and services. To this end, we, or our service providers, may collect information about your social media preferences and activities to engage with our customers on social media sites. We may also collect certain demographic and behavioural information from social media platforms to serve consumers with more targeted advertising.
We use tools that enable us to identify the online sources of the telephone sales enquiries that we receive. The information we collect through these tools includes:
- the time and date of the call, the geographical location of the call;
- the telephone number of the caller (unless withheld);
- device identification information of your mobile phone;
- the IP address of the device the caller used to arrive at our website.
The collection of this information helps us to determine the effectiveness of our services and marketing campaigns.
If we do not collect information in the ways described above, we may not be able to let you know about our products and services in the most effective way.
We may use and disclose the information we collect for the purpose of providing you with tailored marketing communications about our goods and services (and the goods and services of our business partners and franchisees), or to conduct market research. Typically, we send these communications to your email address or mailing address. We may also send marketing communications to your social media accounts (for example, your Facebook account).
We may also disclose your personal information to our related companies, our franchisees, our other business partners, and other service providers, to give you information and offers about products and services offered by us.
- Opting out of direct marketing
If you do not wish to receive direct marketing information from us, please use the contact details below to update your preferences or the unsubscribe feature on our electronic marketing communications. Please note that if you make such a request:
- We may still need to use your personal information to provide you with the services and products you have requested as a customer; and
- It may not be possible for us to immediately action a request to cease receiving any or all direct marketing material. However, we will respond to such requests as soon as practicable and will make all reasonable efforts to promptly activate a change in preference, or opt out of receiving future direct marketing material.
We will not sell or rent your personal information without your consent. We may disclose your personal information where we are required or authorised by law to disclose your personal information or for any purposes connected to a fraud, crime prevention or impropriety investigation.
- Location-Based Services by electronic devices
To provide location-based services, we, and our related companies, partners, franchisees, and contractors may collect, use, and share location data, including the real-time geographic location of your, your IP address, device MAC address or telephone/Internet carrier data. This location data is used by us, our related companies, partners, franchisees, licensees, and contractors to provide and improve location-based features and services.
If you do not provide your location information, we may not be able to provide you with our services and products. We may also verbally request your location information.
- Access to, and correction of, personal information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, hold, use or disclose is accurate, complete, and up to date. If your details change, such as your address or phone number, please contact us via the contact details listed below to update your information.
In the first instance, we will ask you to provide some identification, such as your driver’s licence, to ensure that you have the right to access the information.
- Contacting us
|Postal:||Ultra Group of Companies
PO Box 2086
CAMBERWELL WEST VIC 3124
|Telephone:||(03) 9958 2000|